Virtualisation Design Consultant
Location: Dublin, Ireland. May consider remote working options, as already remote from the team but Dublin will be your primary location. Would prefer someone to be in an office so they can have F2F time. You will need to be able to go to the office if needed.
End Date/Duration: 1 Year
This role is to lead my client with the direction of virtualisation – globally!
- This is a Consultant position with the Distributed Virtual Services design team.
- This position designs virtualization solutions for global enterprise use and looks for innovative industry trends to increase efficiency and time to market delivery.
- This position performs top tier support and issue resolution with minimal guidance to completion.
- Ensure virtualization systems are appropriately engineered and secured using best practices.
- Perform technical problem resolution and support with minimal guidance to completion.
- Professionally interface with internal customers and cross departmental teams with the ability to chair high level meetings.
- Perform technical leadership in developing and documenting roadmapsstrategies for the Distributed Virtualization Services team.
- Stay current on industry trendstechnologies and make recommendations based on knowledge and research.
- Assist other design teams is pursuing “As a Service” models and initiatives.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of all VMware technologies is expected. Vitalisation – run end ware products, looking for very high skillset. Two primary roles – familiar with virtualisation space and ever competing products
- Well versed in vRO and VMware Hypervisor 5.5 +. 6.5 experience will have an advantage
- Scripting skills and knowledge to automate virtualisation is essential.
- Ability to create high level documentation for engineering, design, and presentation are essential. Design – top tier for escalation. Roadmaps, strategies. Subject matter expert for platform.
- Strong decision making capabilities with a sense of urgency and prioritization are essential.
- Ability to coach and mentor more junior engineers is essential.
- Basic to advanced secondary knowledge of core platform related technologies such as LinuxWindows Server, AD, networking, and storage.
- Security and audit (FFIEC, PCI, NSA, etc.…) compliance knowledge are a plus.
- Public Cloud integration and experience is a plus.
- Virtualization certifications are a plus.