Test Engineer – Consultant
End Date/Duration: 12 months
- Write test scripts, work closely with development teams, execute manually but be able to automate test scripts where possible
- Agile team – scrum meetings / stand-ups
- Manual testing 70 % / Automation testing 30 %
- Work with product owner – 3 month planning session - internal stakeholder interaction
· Java is the key skillset. They don’t just want a programmer; they want someone who thinks like a tester. They do not want someone with Java skills beyond their test skills. However they do not want someone who has only used Java with JBehave or Cucumber as you may have to change a loop to do something different.
· Selenium WebDriver,
· Very strong testing exposure within an Agile environment– user interface and web server testing
Other ideal skills which may be useful for the role. Not essential:
Unit test frameworks such as Junit
Testing frameworks such as TestNG and Spock
Ability to create acceptance and integration automation tests, integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar).
Exposure/ Knowledge in cloud based applications.
In Memory Grids (Pivotal Gemfire)
If you feel you have the skill-set and experience for any of these positions, please send me your most up to date CV and I shall be in touch.