As the Test Automation Engineer (Developer) you will have knowledge in the following requirements:
- This position will drive Quality/Test Strategy creation, Manual testing, Integration testing, User journey automation, Cross device/browser automation for web applications, Release sign-offs, etc.
- Coordinate and participate in requirements review/story elaborations and testing activities to deliver high quality products and incremental value with every iteration.
- Review project test and implementation schedules. Document test plans and acceptance criteria using JIRA, Rally or such solution life cycle management tools.
- Develop test scripts and perform automated and manual exploratory testing to ensure software meets business and security requirements and established practices.
- Own responsibility for end-to-end product quality including: defect management and oversight, status reporting and metrics creation, and escalation for issues discovered during the testing phase
- Develop business and product knowledge over time and share such knowledge to mentor newer team members. This is not a management position; however, this position is expected to provide strong leadership to junior members of the staff.
- Expertise of agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as JIRA, RALLY, Rational Team Concert, Quality Center, etc.
- Experience in both Unit and Integration testing needs with exposure to data virtualization tools.
- Experience testing across a variety of platforms: web and mobile user interface, APIs (REST and SOAP), and/or data warehouse reports.
- Expertise in software development to build and use automation frameworks using technologies: Java/.NET, JUnit, Selenium, JBehave, Soap UI/Pro, Spring framework, REST, JSON and XML, Eclipse IDE, etc.
- Demonstrated experience developing high quality test strategies and test execution – specific focus on cross browser and cross device testing.
- Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover).
- Exposure to Continuous integration and delivery concepts desirable.
- Exposure to performance engineering requirements desirable to develop Non Functional requirements from the start.