Length of Contract: 3-6 Months minimum, highly likely to be extended for the right person
To define and deliver a highly available, resilient, secure and scalable technical infrastructure. The Data Architect will ensure that solutions are architected, designed and delivered to meet both the functional and non-functional demands of the business and customer, match expectations for quality and reliability and contribute to the evolution of the systems towards the strategic technical architecture.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Experience of the analysis and design of Data Warehouse, BI, Data Analytics or complex Data Migration solutions.
- Experience of analysing and designing multiple aspects of the data solution including analysing source systems, designing ETL routines, resolving DQ issues, designing relational and dimensional models (conceptual and logical), developing the reporting or analytics layers
- Knowledge of a variety of Data Architecture toolsets (Erwin, Enterprise Architect etc)
- Data platforms ideally Teradata
- Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)/Data Management/Data Quality Management tools such as Informatica, SSIS or Ab Initio.
- Query and reporting tools, such as Business Objects, Microstrategy, SSRS or data discovery tools such as QlikView and Tableau
- A strong element of creativity to shape innovative solutions combined with architectural design experience in order to develop a workable solution.
- Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to speak confidently on technical subjects
- Commercially aware.
- Experience of managing relationships with suppliers and third party development parties and delivering the products into a production environment.
- TOGAF certification