We are seeking someone to provide direction and architectural design capabilities to support and document activities of transitioning solutions to a new managed virtual platform. About 50% of the job will be covering the documentation designing etc, so you need to like technical authoring side of things.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ability to lead workshops and interact with clients, internal and external stakeholders, vendors, software development and support teams, at all appropriate technical and personal levels.
- Work with application owners to capture the as-is environment and complete the to-be designs as part of a HLD
- Produce high quality technical design documents and present them to a board of peers
- Drive the solutions through implementation, testing and migration phases and provide or coordinate support for escalated issues
- Produce support and service management documentation
- Be the central interface between the internal teams and the 3rd party providers for the service.
- Previous solution design leadership experience in public (AWS, Azure) and private cloud environments
- Experience of large, multi-client migrations
- Ability to provide and support stakeholder engagement at all levels
- Strong communication skills, proven team player, well versed and respected problem solver
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Proactive and dependant to run with a transition from start to completion
Good broad understanding and appreciation of the technicalities of each:
- Windows server operating systems over the last 10 years
- Active Directory
- Networks including VLANs, IP subnetting and routing
- Load balancing and firewall rules
- Strong Virtualisation skills, preferably VMware-based
- Web technologies including IIS web server
- Security considerations
- Redhat Linux
- Apache and Tomcat experience
- Database administration (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL)
- Service Management experience
- Project Management experience
If you are looking for your next contract role and feel this could be the right opportunity, please apply with your latest CV to be considered.