We currently have an urgent requirment for a Technical Architect to join a globally known company with offices based in Coventry. My client is looking for an experienced infrastructure Technical Architect to join the business ASAP.
As a Technical Architect you will be a member of the Infrastructure Design and Architecture team. You’ll be designing end to end IT infrastructure solutions for on premise or in the cloud hosting.
You will be developing the IT infrastructure roadmap and creating standards that will improve resiliency, cost efficiency and operability of T services.
Because you will be designing end to end IT infrastructure solution, it is essential that you understand all key aspects of storage, network and compute from both a business and a technical point of view.
Identifying the organisation’s needs
Defining, documenting and communicating the IT infrastructure design and build standards, adhering to business, security and operational requirements.
Designing the infrastructure components of new services and major changes to existing services
Working with the transition and delivery teams to define the service implementation, as well as the test and documentation requirements for the new service.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical field, or Business Administration
- 3 to 5 years relevant IT experience in a similar role
- Good communication with clients, operational managers and colleagues
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of storage, network and virtualisation technologies, on premise and in the cloud
- Demonstrated experience designing infrastructure services
- Demonstrated scripting experience, (ideally PowerShell, or Perl, Python like)
- Demonstrated experience with systems monitoring
- Demonstrated experience in configuration management systems
- Experience with a non-Windows OS is a plus, e.g. Linux
- Experience with Azure or AWS clouds is a plus