Job: Technical Agile Business Analyst
|Job Title:||Technical Agile Business Analyst|
|Salary:||£400 - £425 per day|
|Contact Name:||Sam Richardson|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Global Payment Company is looking for an experience technical Agile Business Analyst to join their team on an initial 12 month contract based in Edinburgh.
Job Description Summary
The Business Analyst's role is to facilitate delivery of functional solutions in response to business needs, "bridging the gap" between technical and commercial functions within the organisation.
Working as part of an Agile team, the primary day-to-day activity will be the elaboration of business needs identified at a high-level by internal or external clients into user stories which allow the development team to deliver needed solutions.
Please note that these duties and responsibilities are a guideline and by no means comprehensive. Additional tasks may be added on from time to time at the discretion of your manager.
• Liaise with stakeholders to understand current business processes, documents and priorities, and interpret these needs in order to identify requirements across all affected areas and translate these into operational and application requirements.
• Critically evaluate information gathered and develop complete and accurate business models including process, data and organisation models to identify optimal solutions in consultation with relevant parties. Distinguishing user requests from the underlying true need.
• Work closely with the Agile team, through backlog creation/grooming sessions and elaboration activity, to define users stories that capture the business and functional requirements identified.
• Perform initial impact assessments on new project work, identifying the key points of new functionality or complexity, and presenting to development for estimation
• Responsible for defining detailed solution proposals to projects that are more complex by nature, or encompassing multiple system interactions.
• Produce supporting documents documentation such as the project estimation/scoping documents, solution proposal documents, system documentation, release documentation using standard templates and natural language.
• Highlight risks and issues where appropriate.
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute plans.
• Prioritise business requirements.
• Build and maintain relationships with both internal and external clients.
• Deal effectively with both internal and external client requests, queries, and complaints, projecting a positive and professional image.
Please note that this a more technical business analyst role, basic competencies are required in SQL/querying writing and understanding xml/APIs, and a familiarisation with working within the detail of interface specifications & doing related data mapping would be advantageous.
• High level of communication skills (English language) and numeracy.
• Related business or technical qualification (degree or diploma).
• Familiarity with MS Office suite including MS Project.
• Familiarity with MS Visio or similar a benefit.
• Strong analytical skills are essential.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work collaboratively with development and business stakeholders within an Agile team.
• Ability to take high level requirements and drill these down into detailed requirements under your own initiative.
• Willingness to learn and get up to speed quickly.
• Time management skills.
• Committed to deliver on time and to quality.
• Empowerment and accountability.
• Thoughtful Risk Taking.
• Sense of urgency.
Find Your Job
Permanent13 days ago
Technical Support Engineer - Service Desk Analyst, 1st Line, Aylesbury, Service Desk, Helpdesk, 1st Line Support, Global IT company Great opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate junior engineer to join a leading IT company based in the hear...
Contract17 days ago
Technical Service Desk, Technical Support Engineer, 2nd Line, 3rd Line, Code, PHP, JSON, Java, WS API, Engineer, eCommerce, financial, Service Desk, ITIL, SQL, Key Responsibilities This exciting and global financial services client are currently o...
Contract20 days ago
Web Analyst, Analysis, Web Analytics, Google Analytics, Website Analysis The role They have started a project to improve and replace the existing website. To deliver this well, you will need to understand user behaviour on the current website, but...
Contract12 days ago
Systems Analyst, Systems Analysis, Agile, SQL, XML, API, Risk, Interface, Key Responsibilities This exciting and global financial services client are currently on the hunt for a Technical Systems Analyst to come on board and facilitate the deliver...