Job: Technical Agile Business Analyst
|Job Title:||Technical Agile Business Analyst|
|Salary:||£400 - £425 per day|
|Contact Name:||Sam Richardson|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Global Payment Company is looking for an experience technical Agile Business Analyst to join their team on an initial 12 month contract based in Edinburgh.
Job Description Summary
The Business Analyst's role is to facilitate delivery of functional solutions in response to business needs, "bridging the gap" between technical and commercial functions within the organisation.
Working as part of an Agile team, the primary day-to-day activity will be the elaboration of business needs identified at a high-level by internal or external clients into user stories which allow the development team to deliver needed solutions.
Please note that these duties and responsibilities are a guideline and by no means comprehensive. Additional tasks may be added on from time to time at the discretion of your manager.
• Liaise with stakeholders to understand current business processes, documents and priorities, and interpret these needs in order to identify requirements across all affected areas and translate these into operational and application requirements.
• Critically evaluate information gathered and develop complete and accurate business models including process, data and organisation models to identify optimal solutions in consultation with relevant parties. Distinguishing user requests from the underlying true need.
• Work closely with the Agile team, through backlog creation/grooming sessions and elaboration activity, to define users stories that capture the business and functional requirements identified.
• Perform initial impact assessments on new project work, identifying the key points of new functionality or complexity, and presenting to development for estimation
• Responsible for defining detailed solution proposals to projects that are more complex by nature, or encompassing multiple system interactions.
• Produce supporting documents documentation such as the project estimation/scoping documents, solution proposal documents, system documentation, release documentation using standard templates and natural language.
• Highlight risks and issues where appropriate.
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute plans.
• Prioritise business requirements.
• Build and maintain relationships with both internal and external clients.
• Deal effectively with both internal and external client requests, queries, and complaints, projecting a positive and professional image.
Please note that this a more technical business analyst role, basic competencies are required in SQL/querying writing and understanding xml/APIs, and a familiarisation with working within the detail of interface specifications & doing related data mapping would be advantageous.
• High level of communication skills (English language) and numeracy.
• Related business or technical qualification (degree or diploma).
• Familiarity with MS Office suite including MS Project.
• Familiarity with MS Visio or similar a benefit.
• Strong analytical skills are essential.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work collaboratively with development and business stakeholders within an Agile team.
• Ability to take high level requirements and drill these down into detailed requirements under your own initiative.
• Willingness to learn and get up to speed quickly.
• Time management skills.
• Committed to deliver on time and to quality.
• Empowerment and accountability.
• Thoughtful Risk Taking.
• Sense of urgency.
Find Your Job
Contract1 day ago
Business Analyst, Government, BPMN, Map, Role has been deemed INSIDE IR35 so you will have to operate via Umbrella Company Key Responsibilities This exciting government organisation is currently implementing an investigation to determine business ...
Permanent18 days ago
Senior Business Analyst - (Business Change / Transformation) Plus 10% bonus, healthcare, pension and more! 6 month FTC We are currently recruiting for a Business Change Business Analyst to join a market leading company with offices in the Birmingh...
Permanentabout 8 hours ago
I am currently recruiting for a Business Systems Analyst to join a large and well-known public sector organisation within the South West of the UK. This is a 12 month fixed term opportunity. Salary: £21,000- £25,000 The successful candidate will b...
Contract27 days ago
Senior Business Analyst, Business Analyst, Government, Modelling, User Needs, Mapping, ROLE HAS BEEN DEEMED OUTSIDE IR35, CAN OPERATE NORMALL VIA LIMITED Clearance: SC Clearance SC clearance is essential for this opportunity. All applicants must e...
Contractabout 3 hours ago
Responsibilities include: Develop an understanding of both the functional and technical aspects of the Real Estate & Workplace Solutions (RE&WS) product suite Actively monitor issues to ensure they are resolved within clients’ Service Level Agreem...