The Support Desk Specialist II uses technical knowledge and intermediate to advanced skillsets to provide technical support to the team. An individual that can provide basic, first level response to IT support issues – login not working, VPN problems, printers etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes or escalates support tickets from phone queue and Remedy System.
- Provides first-level problem resolution.
- Maintains tracking of corporate assets.
- Interfaces with end users to understand the software/hardware requirements they need for their job.
- Purchases, tests, and provides ongoing support for a wide variety of software applications based on end user needs.
- Purchases, installs, and tests a variety of hardware for laptops, desktops, and mobile devices.
- Performs an advanced level of troubleshooting in order to ensure hardware and software compatibility with company-provided equipment.
- Participates in the analysis and design of operating systems used at ProQuest by providing feedback and recommendations on applications or features that should be added, removed, or improved in system images.
- Builds and configures system images for laptop and desktop computers.
- Provides limited support to Active Directory (AD).
- Provides first-level Hardware and Software support.
- Provides first-level Audio Visual/conferencing support.
- Provides first-level remote sales/site support.
- Provides first-level Virtual Support.
- Provides Apple support.
- Supports all mobile devices (cell phones, pagers, and smart phones), including deployment, repairs, and tracking.
- Performs Operating System reimaging.
- Follows department policies and procedures, to ensure all platforms operate at peak efficiency and meet their business requirements.
- Participates in/conducts policy and procedure review.
- Contributes to Knowledge Base.
- Mentors Enterprise Support team members.
- Adheres to all security processes and procedures.
- Maintains complete confidentiality.
- Continues to increase expertise by staying current with industry trends through technical journals and on-going education.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years’ related professional experience in a similar help desk role.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware or software related problems.
- Effective communication skills with both technical and non-technical users over the phone, in person and through progress reports, e-mail, and other written documentation. Capable of establishing professional and positive relationships with users.
- Working knowledge of office automation software, including Microsoft AD, Exchange, Multi-Function printers, Microsoft Office Suite and other third party products.
- Ability to work in a team environment for positive outcomes, generating trust.
- Must be independent, self-motivated, detailed-oriented and highly organized.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and of meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and fault diagnosis skills.
- Ability to use technology to automate procedures/processes.
- Ability work under pressure and in crisis situations.