I am currently seeking a Support Analyst - Level 2 join an FTSE-100 Global Engineering client of ours on an initial 3-month contract. Our client is looking at paying up to £150 per day. This role willbe located in Stevenage (3 Days) & Dunstable (2 Days)
This role is to offer deskside and remote support to business users (including VIP/C level executives) across a multi-site environment. The individual will be required to provide IT support utilizing industry best practice technical experience with a focus on excellent customer service skills. This role supports a complex environment and will include resolving incidents, completing service requests and assisting project teams where required for software, hardware, network and various applications.
Strong emphasis will be required on the regular utilization of the teams call logging tool, there is a high focus on regular updating of incidents and service requests to achieve departmental SLA’s.
There is also a requirement to work both independently and in collaboration with service desk, internal support teams and third parties who supply various services.
- Provide first class customer focused desktop support to both VIP and standard business users across various locations
- Install, set up, update, troubleshoot and resolve issues on laptops, desktops, printers, smart devices (tablets and mobiles) and telephony equipment
- Support various applications across both legacy and current versions of Windows Operating system as well as VPN clients, Citrix and bespoke software residing on the local machines and servers.
- Provide hands-on support for local backup systems (change tapes, physical troubleshooting, restores and monitoring) as well as logging actions.
- Knowledge of machine builds and ability to provide support in this area if required (including data transfer and user induction).
- Assist ServiceDesk by producing knowledge articles to help improve first-time fix rate
- Create support documentation to improve departmental knowledge of bespoke systems and site-related activities.
- Work closely with the own team, internal support teams and third party suppliers to troubleshoot complex issues
- Support Starter/leaver process
- Regular management of incidents and service requests on company call logging tool to ensure adherence to agreed SLA’s
- Review and technically approve localised supplier contracts
- Support project teams when required
- Flexibility to provide out of hours cover when required
- Identify and support process improvement across team
- Excellent customer service skills with 3 - 5 years of technical support in a Windows environment including desktops, laptops, printers, desktop software, applications and tools.
- Experience of troubleshooting/supporting technologies such as NetBackup/MDT and Sharepoint.
- Experience of supporting VIP users is essential
- ITIL V3 Awareness
- Must have previous experience of having worked in a large organization supporting 10,000+ user base across various locations
- Proven commitment to customer satisfaction
- Experience of supporting bespoke applications, with the mentality to think outside the box.
- Strong organizational, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Smart presentable with strong oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, and others)
- Experience of setting up and supporting smart devices such as MS Surface Pro and IPad/Mobiles.
- Driven, can do attitude with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Experience working as part of a team or as an individual
- Travel will be required across sites
- Participation in team on-call Rota where required
- Experiencing using Service Now call logging tool.
- Accredited technical certifications such as MCSE.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate
- Background in an engineering/factory environment
Please apply with your latest CV to be considered.