Clearance: SC Clearance
SC clearance is essential for this opportunity. All applicants must either have current SC clearance or be able to obtain it.
Due to the urgent start date for this vacancy candidates who hold current SC clearance or who have held it in the past will have a distinct advantage.
What the Solutions Architect will work on
The high profile government client are currently implementing a portfolio of transformation both looking at its customer facing digital services as well as replacing and re-architecting its back-office solutions for internal users. They are looking for Solution Architects to undertake and complete pieces of solution work by researching what is being used within wider government and the private sector and develop the logical architectures to satisfy sets of business capability requirements.
- These will then be used as the basis for the delivery of new solutions either through internal resources, suppliers or a mixture of both.
- They will also require the architect to review existing (mainly) bespoke solutions and develop roadmaps for replacing them with new technologies.
- The Solution Architect will interact with the business, project teams and the wider IT community to ensure that designs are in-line with the wider architecture blueprint and builds on existing capability where possible and delivers the expected business processes and benefits
- Solution Architects may also be involved in evaluation and clarification meetings if we go out to tender to procure SME resources to deliver the solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Solution Architect role
- Specifying and implementing all or some of the following disciplines;
- Customer facing web based applications (including content frameworks)
- Configurable Workflow and Rules Engine
- Document & Content Management Ability to review existing systems and define new functionality and integration
- Strong experience of working in a solution architect role
- Ability to perform critical gap analysis
- Definition of a roadmap for the implementation and sequencing of major technology chang
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to transfer knowledge to a range of individuals
- Logical Data Modelling
- Preparing tender documents and evaluating responses
- Experience of working on large transformational projects
SC Cleared, SC Clearance, Solutions Architect, Solutions Analyst, Government,