Plus excellent benefits
We have a new exciting opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join an expanding organisation in Coventry. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work for a leading retail company that can offer excellent career progression opportunities.
We are looking for a Principal Cloud Engineer, someone passionate about Infrastructure as Code and automation, to use the latest open-source tools and continuously release quality infrastructure code in production. You will work closely with other Software Engineers and Cloud Engineers across multiple platforms and technologies to deliver the best cloud infrastructure, scalable, reliable, reproducible
What I need to do
- Automate everything.
- Write excellent Infrastructure as Code using public’s cloud services, configuration management and provisioning tools.
- Design and make use of the CI/CD pipelines
- Test everything, write idempotent code.
- Ensure scalability, reliability, security and efficiency of the public cloud infrastructure environments which host the Sainsbury’s applications.
- Operate large scale distributed systems.
- Integrate cloud native 3rd party software with existing platforms.
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to accelerate software delivery.
- Work collaboratively in a Scrum team within an Agile environment.
What I need to know
- Advanced understanding and experience with :
- Linux systems administration and architecture
- configuration management, provisioning tools, such as Ansible, Terraform
- Service-Oriented Architecture vs Microservices-Oriented Architecture
- Git, branching strategies, artefact repositories
- CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Circle CI, Jenkins, Concourse )
- SaaS, PaaS, IaaS to provision and configure public cloud resources, services, apps
- network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SMTP, LDAP, DNS, etc), routing, load balancers, VPN, Firewalls, AWS services (e.g. VPC, DirectConnect, ELB, Route 53)
- large scale infrastructure, APM monitoring, logging platforms (e.g. DataDog, ELK, Sensu, NewRelic, AppDynamics)
- testing frameworks and techniques to test everything infrastructure
- relational and non-relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, HBase, Memcached, AWS equivalents)
- Strong scripting experience with : Python, Shell, Ruby or Go.