This global financial services client are on the hunt for a Senior Software Engineers to be based in their office in Dublin, the Software Engineer will have a strong focus on decision management technology. A specialist Rule Architect is required to work on specific payment fraud prevention in dealing with the software engineering a specifically with SQL, Oracle, Java and more.
What the Software Engineer will work on
- You will have worked on a highly scalable Decision Management Platform
- As a part of the Fraud Rules Manager Rules Authoring team, Risk Systems Application Developer will be responsible for producing fraud management technology solutions within a business rule engine.
- You will provide technical expertise for fraud prediction applications, which include mission critical, high volume transaction processing systems
- Analyse customer requests for Fraud Rule changes and provide feedback on capabilities and effectiveness of solutions
- Design effective rule strategies to identify and provide solutions for customers
- Develop and implement rule changes in an agile environment
- Validate rule changes against transactions data and ensure quality is enforced
- Direct experience with the development of custom software applications and services across a variety of technology selections and frameworks.
- Extensive understanding of and experience with software engineering concepts and methodologies, including agile lifecycles, testing automation, and behaviour-driven development.
- Current experience in delivering technical solutions and capabilities to meet business and product strategies, including a focused relationship with technical and business providers. Financial Services or Payments experience a plus.
- Strong background in object-oriented architecture, design and development.
- SQL Oracle experience is essential
- Java experience is highly desirable
- Experience with multiple OO languages a plus.
- Knowledge of IBM ODM a plus (for the senior position very desirable, however not essential)
- Experienced with technologies such as SQL, Oracle, business rule engines
- High-energy and detail-oriented, with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results; good at organizing and planning for several concurrent initiatives with conflicting needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Software Engineer, Rule, SQL, Oracle, Java, Fraud, Financial, Rule, Testing, Software Tester, Object Orientation, Software applications, IBM ODM,