Job: Software Engineer
A financial organisation in Hatfield is looking to bring on a Software Engineer for a 12 month contract:
This individual will:
• Contribute to implementing and maintaining highly secure, highly available and robust global hosted payments solutions
• Support system engineering level activities for contracted hosted installations
• Maintain procedure documentation
• Provide support and back-up to other IT Engineering resources as required
• Build and maintain pre-production and UAT environments
• Continually review and provide feedback on how to improve System Support processes including deployment, failover, data protection etc and develop procedures to facilitate these processes
• The role may require out of standard hours work to minimise downtimes occasionally.
Technical and Soft experienced:
• Demonstrated experience in the maintenance and ongoing support of hosted software and hardware configurations using web technologies in production environments
• Demonstrated Experience in Application Deployment and Hosting – Preferably Apache, Java, Tomcat, PostgreSQL
• Intermediate level of experience with Linux Systems Administration – Monitoring, Clustering, Scripting (bash/Python, Perl, Ruby) and Automation, Storage
• Familiarity level of TCP/IP network troubleshooting knowledge – Routing, Switching, Firewalls, SSL
• Experience in web technologies and web hosting
• Understanding of system and application monitoring solutions
• Fault detection, resolution and troubleshooting
• Experience in large scale, high availability, high impact systems
• Experience with Configuration Management and related tools, specifically PUPPET, salt
• Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline
• RHCE with solid experience
*Additional: Experience in Payments card Industry is an advantage.
If this is what you are looking to do in your next role please send your most recent CV and I will be in touch.
Find Your Job
Permanent14 days ago
Permanent4 days ago
Graduate, Graduate developer, graduate engineer, Java, OOP, Software developer, insurance, An award winning software house is looking to take on numerous graduates to join their software development team. They create software for the insurance ind...
Permanent14 days ago
Permanent20 days ago
Java Software Development Manager / Team Lead - Nottingham My client are a globally successful financial services company with an extensive portfolio of software products and services available. As part of natural growth they're seeking a Java Sof...
Permanent15 days ago
Network Engineer A market leading company with offices across the UK are currently seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join them asap. My client works with the latest technologies and will provide candidates with the opportunity to work acr...