Software and Hardware Asset Manager
Part home based
£50,000 - £55,000 plus + Bonus, Healthcare, Pension and 25 days holiday
Software and Hardware Asset Manager
Software and Hardware Asset Manager required to join a large profitable organisation based in the West Midlands. This opportunity is a fixed term contract lasting 12 months with a base salary of £50-55k + added benefits.
The successful candidate will work within a strategic on going programme to provide an IT Software and Hardware Asset Management role to ensure that the clients internal and contractual obligations are fulfilled whilst in turn supporting the increased maturity of the BAU functional capabilities.
- The successful candidate will work within the strategic programme to provide a Software and Hardware Asset Management role by maintaining records and databases containing information regarding licenses, warranties, and service agreements for the organisation's hardware and software.
- Providing day to day management of the planning, monitoring, recording, and tracking of all in-scope assets to ensure compliance with the 3rd party supplier's contract.
- Working closely with 3rd party suppliers to ensure that operational processes between both parties are working effectively and to take appropriate action when issues occur.
- Responsible for raising Purchase Orders and call off orders based on the information shown in the deployment plan, updating the records with the Order reference and onward bound delivery (OBD) numbers and confirming the ordering status. Tracking the orders operationally with the 3rd party supplier and ensuring the equipment is delivered to site.
- Building and maintaining healthy and collaborative working relationships with the appropriate ITSS tower leads to ensure that Software and Hardware Asset Management roles and responsibilities between programme and BAU teams are understood and being managed effectively
- Provide input and insight into how the Software and Hardware Asset Management process can be continually improved.
- Undertaking regular health checks of the supported data repositories and configuration systems in place to support the Desktop Modernisation programme to ensure that relevant and accurate data is being maintained and being passed through to the BAU function for 'in life' maintenance.
- Provide governance support by providing regular reporting of Software and Hardware Asset information as directed by the Programme Manager and Group IT Procurement team.
- Will have worked in a large complex Blue Chip environment
- Expertise of working with ITIL processes pertaining to IT Asset Management from a design, implementation and ongoing maintenance perspective
- Experience working with project delivery lifecycle
- Ability to prioritise carefully to ensure appropriate user experience is upheld
- Good stakeholder management skills - can communicate well at all levels (written and verbal)
- Operational appreciation of the Windows 10 & Office 365 environment
- Proactively identifies areas for improvement
- Experience in procurement processes and liaison with 3rd party suppliers
- Awareness of end to end desktop transformation processes and procedures would be beneficial especially the logistics process
- An understanding of software licence management
THIS A FIXED TERM 12 MONTH CONTRACT
Reasons to Join
- £50-55k Salary
- 10% Annual Bonus (subject to company and personal performance)
- Private Medical Healthcare (also applies to partner or family member)
- Company Pension (matched up to 8%)
- Direct involvement of a prestigious schemes and projects (some schemes are the largest of their kind in Europe)