Solution Architect Manager
We are currently looking for a Solution Architect Manager to join a market leading IT services company in Birmingham. The Solution Architect Manager will provide leadership drive and focus in the delivery, evolution, development of the design function.
The position will lead the Solutions and Enterprise functions within Data Centre Services delivering Designs and architecture that is fit for purpose and supportable within the operations team.
• Day to day Management of the Design Architecture function via direct Reports.
• Act as an escalation point for any Design issues.
• Provide Input, direction and alignment in to the overall DCS service and strategy.
• Ensure appropriate governance controls are in place in the delivery of Solutions and Enterprise Architecture processes.
• Ensure Roles and Responsibilities within the team are clear and continue to collaborate well with other teams within the business.
• Directly interact with clients, 3rd parties and internal teams as required.
• Ability to challenge design team, CSM and internal management in a reasoned logical way.
• Production and design of high level documentation such as but not limited to Enterprise Design, Solution Design, Technology Design, Reference Architectures and Roadmaps.
• To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO Accreditation Levels.
• Provide a courteous service and a professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks required.
• To perform no other duties from time to time that may be required by your line manager
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Ability to take business requirements and develop target architectures and roadmaps from baseline architectures.
• Expert understanding Technology Architecture and Design methodologies.
• Excellent all round understanding of multiple technologies and the elements of an End to End service, Cloud, desktop, virtualization, Database, Mainstream Applications, Big data etc.
• Excellent Communication skills both Oral and Written.
• Experience of working in a TOGAF Architectural Practice / TOGAF Certified
• Ability to create architectural practice based on TOGAF methodology.
• Excellent Documentation Skills and presentation skills