Clearance: SC Clearance
SC clearance is essential for this opportunity. All applicants must either have current SC clearance or be able to obtain it.
Due to the urgent start date for this vacancy candidates who hold current SC clearance or who have held it in the past will have a distinct advantage.
What the Software Architect will work on
This government client are embarking on to a large scale AWS hosted platform build, a software architect will be required to deliver key functionality to the clients services. The key deliverables are will be to work on their online Passport Renewal Service.You will be working with the existing team consisting of Node.js and Java Developers, complete with a full agile team. This includes user researchers, designers, business change managers, product owners and service manager.
The Service is being delivered against the GDS Service Manual (e.g. agile delivery aligned to scrum methodology).
Skills and Experience
- Solid development experience (5+ years)
- Micro service experience
- Keen interest in Industry trends and their application
- Experience designing HA applications
- Technical process design
- Good documentation skills (UML and architecture)
- Node.js or Java Development skills
- Strong understanding of Agile Delivery
- Automated testing experience
- Open Source Experience
- Experience with CI and Kanban/Scrum
Software Architect, Technical Architect, SC cleared, Development, Microservices, SOA, MSA, high availability, HA, Open Source, UML, Agile, Scrum