I am currently seeking an experienced Service Transition Manager to join a central government client of ours on a contract basis until 30/09/17. Please note, this role will be falling OUTSIDE OF IR35.
This assignment will be within the Service Management function of our clients Digital and Technology department. It is critical that the business and users achieve the most effective and efficient use of the ICT infrastructure and applications.
- To assure and approve plans and strategies of the Business, SIAM and other Tower partners for the design and transition of new and changed services or Business entities into the service Model.
- Ensuring that the requirements of the Business are effectively realised in live service whilst mitigating the risks of failure and disruption.
- To maintain a best practice approach to Service Transition and Service Design, providing high level assurance of major service transitions and the service aspects of new solution designs.
- Enabling the transfer of contractual services between suppliers, providing high level assurance of this and providing direction and oversight of the plans and overall performance during service transition.
- Manage Service Checkpoints and Service Readiness Reviews that are independent of the project.
- You will have experience of designing and managing large scale complex IT service transitions
- You will be an experienced IT professional with a strong track record in Service Management at a senior level.
- You must possess strong communications, relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills
- You will have a sound, broad knowledge of IT and an excellent understanding of how operational service delivery relates to other areas of IT and how it impacts on other business functions.
- You will have relevant and recognised IT qualification such as ITILv3 or have equivalent experience and the ability to demonstrate up to date knowledge of a relevant industry framework (such as COBIT, ITIL, Six Sigma).
If you feel this is a suitable vacancy for yourself and your skill-set, please apply with your most up to date CV to be considered. Please note, only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.