Service Design, Service Transition, Government, Public Sector, ITIL, Service Management, London
SC clearance is essential for this opportunity. All applicants must either have current SC clearance or be able to obtain it. Due to the urgent start date for this vacancy candidates who hold current SC clearance or who have held it in the past will have a distinct advantage.
This particular opportunity will focus on supplier on-boarding. If successful you will work within a project team to define the roles and responsibilities of internal Service Providers/Suppliers. This will involve activities such as:
- Defining, documenting and agreeing a Service Level Framework;
- Defining, documenting and agreeing Responsibility Matrices for internal Service Providers;
- Defining, documenting and agreeing a requirements set for the entire IT organisation;
- Defining, documenting and agreeing individual Operational Level Agreements for each internal Service Providers;
- Working with the internal Service Providers to implement any changes to operating models required in order to comply with the OLAs;
- Contract negotiation with external suppliers;
- Requirements capture and management;
- Stakeholder engagement and management.
- Good understanding of Service Management and ITIL;
- 5 years’ experience in a Service Management environment;
- Experience developing and documenting requirements;
- Experience developing OLAs;
- Experience developing Service Level Frameworks;
- Good understanding of contract management;
- Demonstrable stakeholder management;
- Demonstrable ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication;
- Demonstrable analytical skills.
- Public Sector experience (Extremely advantageous)
- ITIL Qualifications
If you feel this opportunity suits yourself and your skill-set, please feel free to apply with your most up to date CV.
Please note - only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short-listing process.