This government organisation is currently looking for two project managers to work in conjunction within business change and IT Migration. The two positions are forming part of a large end user computing service in which they will bring about a significant IT Model change.
- Takes responsibility for the definition; documentation and safe execution of a single major project or a number of smaller initiatives; actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies; assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Effectively estimates costs; timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference.
- Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan; providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders; as appropriate. Monitors and forecasts costs; timescales and resources used; and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensures that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
- Manages the change control procedure; ensures that change is captured; impact assessed and approved and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost; timescale and resource budgets; and are signed off.
Hosting PM - Must be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Significant project management experience of migrating existing hosting environments into MS Azure
- Significant operating model changes for an IT service/support function that included out-tasking of various activities.
- Significant application upgrade and migration project experience
- Managing the definition of tenders and service contracts for migration and management of Azure environments
- Project managed significant Business change project(s) that result in end users having a more flexible/self-service based computing environment
- Project managed significant operating model changes for an IT service/support function, that included out-tasking of various activities.
- Managed the tendering and Supply change management to deliver new ‘broad based’ technology and service management contract.
- Experience of Office 365 desirable
- Relevant workplace technical knowledge is appreciated but not high priority, managing the impact of this change is much more critical.