Reporting to the Senior Ombudsman responsible for our Operations Hub, you will manage the strategic and tactical forecasting and capacity plans driving and embedding the full end to end business planning process across our casework.
You will be accountable for forecasting casework demand volumes, handling times, reviewing of historical trends, events and financial budget to predict future workload demand along with gross and net FTE requirements on a 12 month plus rolling week by week basis.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a forecasting and analytical role.
- Work with a management team providing analysis, data and capacity modelling to inform corporate decision-making.
- Proven ability to manage staff, manage performance and coaching.
- Experience of operational and budget planning, including scenario planning and sensitivity analysis.
- Demonstrable experience of problem-solving and performance management.
- Experience of analysing complex written and numerical material and identifying and summarising key issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions and teams and to influence colleagues at various levels.
- IT literate – MS Office, MS Dynamics, advanced Excel skills and experience of Power BI.
- Communication: strong oral and written communication skills, and able to produce brief, proportionate and strategic written materials for Boards, Management Teams and operational boards.
- Self-management: proven ability to work independently to achieve targets and deadlines, and prioritise complex and competing demands.
- Experience of corporate business continuity planning.
- Experience leading a business support function.
- Direct experience working with internal and external audit, and Board sub-committees.
- Generate, update and test planning assumptions for the operational forecasting and capacity model to inform - Predicted demand, staffing requirements and performance against KPIs on a 12-month rolling basis to inform LeO’s annual business plan and monthly and quarterly operational delivery and performance plans for review by the Management Team
- Maintain a simple future demand forecasting model, informed by horizon scanning intelligence from across the business on a 12 month rolling weekly basis
- Continually review forecast accuracy to ensure deviations in volume predictions are understood and any known drivers inform future forecasting of volumes and performance;
- Report, plan and advise on FTE requirements to inform budget setting and workforce planning/recruitment pipeline
- Provide an annual budget forecast in line with finance and business spend
- Model scenarios to inform tactical and strategic decision-making within the operations hub;
- Track, report and analyse daily/weekly performance across all reporting streams, highlighting variances to plan to inform discussions with Management Team and Operational Management Team about recruitment, delivery, budget and contingency plans;
- Define and develop MI and reporting requirements and manage the production of meaningful output (using data from Power BI, SQL Server, MS Dynamics and excel models) required to present at an operational and senior stakeholder level;
- Ensure processes to collate information required for the forecast and capacity plans are robust and highlight any process flaws to capture data across the Legal Ombudsman (inclusive of finance, HR, PMO, operations) and lead the plan to resolve;
Please apply with your latest CV to be considered.