We are currently recruiting for a Devops Engineer to join a market leading company in Central London. My client is a global Digital agency that work with some worlds most recognised brands. In return for your services you will have the opportunity to work for a company that can offer you career progression and the chance to work with the latest and most cutting edge technologies.
The succesful candidate will join the well established DevOps practice that's committed to working on cutting edge technology, and having fun while doing it.
You will maintain business critical systems used to track hundreds of millions of dollars of media spend per year supporting some of the world’s largest online brands. You would be joining a tight knit development team and will be working alongside other developers and product managers to solve complex technical problems.
- Manage and improve the existing monitoring systems and centralize all the alerts around one centralized system.
- Manage our VM infrastructure ensuring key aspects (disk space, log rotation, processes and memory utilization) are monitored and managed and optimized daily
- Build and deploy automated deployment tools for hosted and cloud solution.
- Perform day-to-day database administration and optimisation
- Build DevOps tools for continuous integration and monitoring
- Maintain the existing puppet infrastructure and improve upon. Participate in weekly code reviews with the IT and R&D groups.
Ideally you will have some of the following:
- Experience of linux operating system experience
- Expertise as a Linux Systems Administrator, or Infrastructure Engineer
- Experience with monitoring tools like Zabbix, Nagios and New Relic
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience in building Docker containers and using continuous integrations tools with docker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Broad technical understanding of data systems and web technologies
- Independent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Scripting skills in any of the following languages: bash, python, ruby