Location Dublin, Ireland. Ideally they want someone on site most of time but flexible on a need basis.
End Date/Duration 12 months potential to extend or go perm. They want contractors for 1-2 years until the product built out.
Story Behind the Need
My client are developing a new product, therefore are forming new teams to create that product.
The team will be fast pace, innovative, to help my client understand about vulnerabilities and their authorization network.
Typical Day in the Role
- Attend daily stand ups, responsible for reviewing the content of the stories.
- Giving feedback to the analyst if their stories are not detailed enough
- Developing codes
- Developing unit test, develop J unit
- Motivated to automate. Some of the processes are manual but they want to push forward to automation so they are looking for someone to have the motivation there. It will be a Devops type environment so they need someone who knows how to create systems end to end and can cover any potential failure. Therefore someone with continuous integration eg Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef for example may be useful.
- Good code coverage
- They would then push the story across the Kanban board to push it into test. Test team will address any discrepancies found in the code
- Occasionally be involved in design sessions. Are we tracking towards that design vision to what we wish to deliver?
- Strong Java skills
- Knowledge of full stack / knows how to code / front end and backend (mostly backend but they are keen on full stack)
- Restful API services
- 6-8 years experience