An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join a Tech company based in Birmingham. My client has an excellent reputation for staff development and retention. They've recently won a large number of new customers and require a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to work with them and the existing portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of technical support and Operations. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and able to handle work with multiple customers and projects. Candidate must have experience of working in a large multi-client solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base. Ability to Provide Technical guidance/leadership to 3rd/4th line engineers; leading by example at all times especially during major incidents.
• Minimum 5 years’ hands on experience supporting technical environments
• An excellent understanding and practical knowledge within a number of the following technologies:
o Microsoft server products (Windows 2003 to 2012 R2, Core to Datacentre)
o Microsoft AD (Active Directory) and integrated elements/processes such as DNS, GPO, AD DS and RBAC.
o DHCP Server (Microsoft)
o SCCM including patch management, build image and application deployment
o AV (Anti-Virus with key products being McAfee & Symantec)
o Web Filtering (WebSense/Symantec/TMG/etc.)
o Endpoint Encryption (Symantec)
o Microsoft SharePoint
o Server Hardware (HP/IBM/Dell/Cisco)
o VMware / Hyper-V
• Appropriate certifications or experience in core technology platforms
• Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
• Excellent and demonstrable communication skills, both written and oral with strong presentation skills
• Ability to use the Service Desk tool to manage incidents/changes/problems tickets
• Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to manage conflict/challenges within a working environment.
ITIL qualification or awareness of the ITIL processes
Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider