£40,000 - £55,000 – added benefits include 23 days holiday (increasing with service), pension contribution, bonus scheme and childcare vouchers
Senior Information Security Specialist
An exciting opportunity has recently become available at a market leading organisation for the role of Senior Information Security Specialist.
The role offers an opportunity for individuals to receive training and enhance their technical skills at a company that emphasises positive company culture. The role is a great opportunity for a specialist who is looking to move into a Security Architect role and become part of a well-established team.
This opportunity represents the chance to become part of a market leading organisation that offers a number of fantastic benefits.
- Provide expertise and guidance on information security for the organisation
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Application Architects to define security requirements, build secure architecture designs, and drive security initiatives
- Provide guidance and direction in all aspects of design, creation, and testing approaches
- Maintain and enhance knowledge, ensuring continually up to date with the latest security risks, threats and solutions as well as business and industry trends
- Recommend and design security infrastructure, supporting security engineers with the implementation
- Review project designs providing security recommendations and steer
- Help support compliance, PCI/DSS , IS Security policies, standards and controls
- Act as incident escalation for security incidents providing expertise to address issues, support and advise analysts, conduct post incident investigations to resolution, and help amend any processes or procedures to enhance protection against future exploits/vulnerabilities
- Hold or working towards a recognised and relevant Information Security certification (i.e. CISSP, SSCP)
- 8+ years of proven Information Technology experience with strong understanding of network protocols, server infrastructure and system design
- Solid and demonstrable comprehension of Information Security including malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management
- Knowledge of information system architecture and security controls (i.e. firewalls and border router configurations, operating systems configurations, wireless architectures)
- Project delivery experience
- Ability to convert high level requirements into technical designs that are commercially viable and suit their operating environment
- Able to convey a technical solution to senior management in a clear and concise manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic thinker with proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- A team player who is hardworking and self-motivated
- Ability to effectively plan and priorities workloads, and to measure and report on current progress
- Must adhere to and promote team standards including documentation
If this job appeals to you then contact me ASAP.
Agency - Monarch IT
Contact – Liam Colesby
Telephone – 0121 237 3357