My public sector clients have recently embarked on a digital change transformation project and have a requirement for a Content Designer, my client has developed a wide strategy within a high focus on digital and change delivery.
Skills and experienc
- Ensuring that service and information is simple and clear for its users
- Take complex language and processes and make them simple to understan
- Work with people who don’t understand good web usability
- Be able to explain your decisions/edits clearly
- Working on needs analysis - taking existing content, messaging needs, and identifying content gaps and overlaps etc.
- Actively develop and apply content and format strategies for the service, possibly including training materials.
- Scoping, writing, and editing content across all channels (web, mobile, offline)
- Managing relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content is accurate and ties in with proposition.
- Accountable for delivering content assets that are accurate, timely, high-quality (based on insight and outputs of user testing, relevant to audience, and easily understood; we do have a set of guiding principles
- Accountable for choosing the best format for displaying information to the user - if we don’t have one, we’ll want you to suggest ideas or identify the gap
- Experience of writing for the web, phone and tablet and non-digital, with proven ability of creating content that is accessible and usable
- Proven experience in using user feedback to define/refine content
- Proven experience of working within a web application development environment