Our client is engaged in a very large global transformation programme involving the implementation of several SaaS solutions across its network. As part of this programme it is launching a new master data management service to master local territory data that is used throughout these systems.
This new role will manage support for providers of data to (territories) and consuming systems of the new service. The holder will manage performance of and guide the operations team, enabling territory data stewards in their lifecycle management role & responsibilities.
They will manage data quality checks and ticketing by guiding the operations team in reviewing errors and following up with providers. They will manage and report issues/incidents and ensure access to new service is maintained. They will manage change requests from across the network and liaison between territories and the service’s development team.
- Proven experience managing complex data-oriented services to deliver on-time results and recommendations for improvement.
- At least two years of experience implementing and running multiple MDM instances (staging, production) in a financial services-led organisation.
- Proven experience in operation of metadata management tools dealing with the associated data quality and governance responsibilities.
- A proven track record managing and effectively communicating with a network of stakeholders in a very large global organisation in person, remotely, via conference/video conference calls and in writing (email, intranet).
- Proven experience reporting and recommending to executives to C-level.
- Proven team / people management experience.
- Proven experience in operationalising SLAs, dashboard reporting, MS SQL Server, and SharePoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Post Graduate Diploma/ Professional Degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or related fields (preferred).
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Expert level understanding of MDM architecture, tools and processes, data quality, data integration, data modelling and mapping.
- Understanding of agile solution development methodology (Scrum, SAFe).
- Expert level understanding of incident, problem and change management
- Guide teams on roles and responsibilities to support operations.
- Manage onboarding of territories and go-live.
- Primary liaison between the project team, territories, and development team
- Ensure regular communication with data steward community regarding the new service and its development as well as issues that are raised.
- Guide and enable territory data stewards in their role & responsibilities for uploading and maintaining the new services data.
- Manage the communication channels with all stakeholders, publishing documents on our clients global intranet for providers, consumers and other stakeholders to access.
- Use the appropriate channels like Google Apps and SharePoint to manage different documents and communications as they are developed.
- Manage and work with programme specific analysts to optimally support the new services and serve as their backup when needed