Senior Systems Engineer, Linux, AWS, Java, bash Scripting…
A fast-growing platform as a service technology company is now in the market for a Senior Systems Engineers to be based out of their offices in Central London. This role will be highly varied across design, build and implementation of eCommerce solutions and then also escalated support for their customers.
This client is willing at looking at candidates that come from a senior engineering background that would now like to take their career into a design and consultancy based position or look at an experienced design and solutions engineers.
It could be difficult to break the role down precisely, however as a rough guide the role will be split: 50% projects – implementation platforms as a service for customers, this is done remotely from the office or home, 25% escalated support issues that cannot be resolved within their support teams and then 25% pre-sales and consultancy discussing solutions with customers and how we can integrate the clients platform into the customers environment.
- Extensive experience within a Linux Systems Administration environment
- A good understanding of Service Management (ITIL)
- Proficient scripting in Bash or a similar language
- Understanding of cloud technologies – AWS (EC2, Route 53, RDS and S3)
- Cloud migrations or deployments would be a real advantage