Currently recruiting for a large central government client who is looking for a Security Analyst to join them on an initial 3 Month Contract. This is an exciting and technical role where you will be at teh forefront of the GDS security.
Please Note: This role falls outside of IR35
As the Security Analyst you will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Experience working with Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Significant experience of system operational security, network and/or application security
- Technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, (authentication and security protocols, cryptography), operation of a PKI, and application security
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Analytic skills to understand security implications of technical events
- Extensive troubleshooting and research skills with a positive and proactive approach to customer service and getting things done
- Strong experience working in an operational role in a secure environment
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Strong scripting skills in at least one of the following is highly desirable: Ruby, Python, Shell (bash, ksh, csh).
- Working knowledge of Java would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of Linux
Deadline for this role is at 4pm on Friday 30th June.
Look Forward to hearing from you.