Role has been deemed inside IR35
Travel to London location will also be required, Croydon will be the primary site
Clearance: SC Clearance
SC clearance is essential for this opportunity. All applicants must either have current SC clearance or be able to obtain it.
Due to the urgent start date for this vacancy candidates who hold current SC clearance or who have held it in the past will have a distinct advantage.
What the Scrum Master will work on
This high profile government organisation are currently on the look for an SC cleared SCRUM MASTER to contribute to the development of the Borders AFTC service working in an Agile delivery environment. This role involves working with one or two teams in order to coach, mentor, serve in order to produce the correct code first time and to maximise the teams productivity
- Guide the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices.
- Run Sprint ceremonies including, daily stand-ups, planning meetings, showcases, and retrospectives.
- Ensure that work undertaken by the team has been suitably prioritised and has a specific business benefit.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- Remove impediments that are preventing the team from delivery.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of retribution or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Support and coach the Product Owner to maintain a product delivery roadmap that identifies deliverables, dependencies and milestones.
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Mentoring skills that demonstrate the Agile values and principles, helping teams and individuals become Agile in thought and behaviour.
- Growing and facilitating teams to deliver innovative software products, as well as less experienced teams.
- Light-touch leadership that employs a highly collaborative approach to guide people without controlling them but employing authority when the situation requires.
- Knowledge or experience with Agile techniques and methodologies: User Stories, estimating, TDD, continuous integration, pairing, automated testing.
- Fluent in English and good communication skills
- Government exposure is desirable