The Scrum Master / Development Team Leader is accountable to the Head of Development and is responsible for:
- Accountable for the performance of the scrum team and ensuring it delivers working software at the end of each sprint. The default leadership style is coaching, developing and empowering individuals in their specific roles, and encouraging team responsibility for the final output. It is not command and control.
- Software development and delivery for Companies House Services and works with and leads team to achieve this.
- Responsible for leadership and management of developers and contributing to matrix management of other scrum members.
- Provision of Management Information on team performance against targets.
- Software content of a release.
- Compliance with software engineering methodologies, CH development, testing and quality standards.
- Contribution to the definition of best practice.
- Involvement in personal appraisal, development and training program.
- We work in small, agile teams of developers, analysts, testers, designers, content people and others.
- We build a minimum viable product, then iterate – always asking how we can make things better for users, who are at the centre of everything we do.
- You will be responsible for the high performance of a highly-skilled multidisciplinary team delivering a specific product, service or transformation.
- You will be core to decisions that build high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking.
- You’ll be adept at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed. It’s essential that you have
- Proven experience in delivering digital projects and products
- Proven experience using a range of agile project management methods