Start Date: 1st week of March
Length of Contract: 2 years
Rate flexible + expenses on top of day rate!
Clearance: SC Cleared
SC Clearance is essential for this opportunity. All applicants must either have current SC or DV Clearance or be able to obtain it.
Due to the urgent start date for this vacancy candidates who hold current SC or DV Clearance or who have held it in the past will have a distinct advantage.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you’ll be joining a digital transformation project becoming part of an existing in- house team responsible for managing IT systems on site and in the cloud. You will also support software and infrastructure development projects.
Please note: This is an engineering level so if you have more of a solution architect profile this wont be right for this role. We need candidates with strong experience in building pipelines in AWS, Linux/Redhat, Ansible/ Terraform/Cloudformation, Jenkins, ideally large scale deployment.
Essential skills and experiences:
- A high- level of proven experience of cloud hosted solutions, especially Amazon Web Services
- Strong experience in automated toolsets such as Ansible, Cloudformation, Terraform
- Software integration and deployment pipelines: Jenkins is preferred
- Strong experience in Linux
- Undertake infrastructure support activities both onsite and 24/7 out of hours on call for the cloud based services (in AWS but likely to include other cloud providers)
- Must be onsite 5 days a week
- Working within a team as a subject matter expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge without supervision helping to define and implement technical best practice.
- Taking a technical lead, promoting knowledge sharing and development of other team members both inside and outside of the group. Supports and stands in for the team leader as necessary.
- Managing systems within OLA/ SLA, proposing, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
- Obtaining information required to diagnose and resolve complex problems. Engages with third parties to jointly resolve product issues. Analyses information and trends, proposing action to resolve problems and enhance service.