Length of Contract: 3 Months + highly likely extension
The purpose of this role is to provide expertise in the deployment and integration of Java Application Middleware estate, specifically Red Hat JBoss EAP. Post-implementation, the purpose of the role is to support, optimise and improve this estate as part of the IT Support Department.
Patching the estate is going to be the main task for this role. The pre work has been done and the role will be QA to production. The team is heading towards Devops so this role will help them merge quicker.
The main duty of this role is to work with IT delivery and support teams to ensure new products and technologies are integrated/configured/optimised in line with IT architectural principles, policies and best practice relating to new and existing environments within the Technology estate.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Professional experience in large environments on:
- J2EE servers – preferably Red Hat JBoss 6.0.1 EAP and above, including HA options
- Satellite Serve
- Operate as a lead for operational maintenance e.g. patching and failovers
Desirable (not needed for the role):
- Experience on Jenkins, Nexus and Maven
- Performance Tuning, including JVM tuning
- Experience of working in Agile and Waterfall projects.
- Familiarity with working in a Support Environment.
- Automation tools
- TCP/IP Network troubleshooting and support, including DNS & HTTP protocols
- Apache Web Server, including concepts such as load balancing and failover