I am currently recruiting for a Rail Specification Lead to join a client based in Central London on an initial 9 Month Contract.
Clearance: Candidates will need to hold the BPSS (Disclosure Scotland) clearance at interview stage.
These requirements typically cover a variety of different areas, such as train service and rolling stock, service quality and the ‘passenger experience’, station facilities and services, fares and ticketing, reliability and punctuality performance, and overall leadership and management of the franchise.
The specification needs to meet stakeholder aspirations as far as possible, while also being affordable, value for money, consistent with relevant government policy, and offering an attractive proposition to prospective bidders.
The Specification Manager will typically also play a role in the evaluation of bids once they are received, and in ensuring that the final contractual terms will bind the successful bidder to delivering the key initiatives and commitments they offered in their bid.
Key Skills and Experiences Required:
- Understanding the franchise itself including;
Drivers of demand or growth
The links between specification and subsidy/premium
- Key stakeholder requirements for the franchise;
- Proactively managing external technical advisers who are engaged to provide operational, commercial and economic advice;
- Overseeing the development of the business case for own areas of franchise specification;
- Deriving the overall delivery proposition for the franchise, based on evidence and within existing government policy;
- Clearly articulating, internally and externally, what it is that government wants the franchise to deliver;
- Co-ordinate the public consultation for the franchise, including capturing all responses, taking appropriate decisions based on the feedback, developing related business cases and summarising the output in a stakeholder briefing document.
- Producing the specification that will appear in the Invitation to Tender and working with legal advisers to ensure that key requirements are captured in the draft franchise agreement;
- Working with the franchising team to maintain relationships with bidders to ensure that all bids received have the best chance to meet the defined requirements including delivering value for money.
- Participating in the bid evaluation process and ensuring that key bidder initiatives and commitments are properly contracted in the final version of the franchise agreement.
Deadline for CV Submission is: 18/07/2017 at 2pm
Look forward to hearing from you.