This Global financial services client is on the hunt for a specialised Project Manager with a specific focus within transitioning from waterfall to agile delivery model. The Project Manager will hit the ground running and work part of a large financial fraud transactions project.
What the Project Manager will work on
- Primary responsibilities include overall project accountability of a moderately complex project or key coordination project responsibility at the departmental or divisional level.
- Core responsibility for managing relationships and communication within intended scope of defined project role.
- The client are currently in stage of transitioning from waterfall to agile SAFE Model methods
- Cross function exposure will be key, working alongside matrix teams including, developers, testers, product managers etc.
- Helps to identifies key barriers to a projects or departments success and actively manages all mitigation activities.
Skills and Experience
- The project manager will have a solid fundamental understanding within a financial setting, banking, transactions or fraud project management would be highly desirable
- Agile exposure is key and/or SAFE Model Agile methods will be desirable
- Transitioning from waterfall to agile will be highly desirable
- A solid background in both business functions and IT project management is key
- A background or understanding of an IT development lifecycle
- Communication Skills – listening, oral and written and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and planning and multi-tasking skills while adaptive to Change.
- Broad knowledge in the areas of strategy, planning and project management required processes and techniques.
- Structured methodology and project planning tools