One of our public sector client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Programme Planner to join their Croydon based team on an initial 12 month contract, with a view to extend.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous government/public sector experience as well as the following skills/knowledge:
- Experience of working in large IT Programmes with complex projects with the knowledge and understanding of managing projects, tracking and reporting progress using either Microsoft Project/EPM.
- Experience in developing and modifying Microsoft Project, EPM (Enterprise Project Management) schedules with an understanding of task dependencies, predecessors & successors, task assignments, milestones, task types, schedule baselines, custom fields, uncertainty, task formulas, total slack, task work, task durations.
- Experience of managing relationships and inter-dependencies between projects and planning transitions into the business.
- Strong understanding of project scheduling and experience of managing schedules.
- Knowledge of IT delivery and the IT development life cycles.
- The ability to manage a changing workload and work effectively as part of a team.
- The ability to challenge, negotiate and influence at all levels across the business, and to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience in performing both risk analysis and impact analysis on project schedules with an understanding of critical path analysis, schedule integrity, and task progress reporting.
- Skills and knowledge around schedule resource loading and levelling.
- Experience in risk, issue, assumption and dependency management (RAID)
- Create different schedules at different hierarchical levels through consolidation and creating Integrated Master Schedules, and identify and report the Critical Path using Microsoft Project / EPM
- Support the capture of baseline schedules and help to recalculate the remaining work
- Monitor actual progress: once there is a baseline, ensure that any movement to this is subject to formal change control and, once changes are approved, that the project manager updates and incorporates the change and reports progress based on this.
- Monitor resource levels against achievement to advise on resource levelling and identify potential over or under estimating for work effort within the plan.
- Working effectively with project teams (including project managers, test teams, live services, business change and commercial) to facilitate project planning.
- Seek out and engage with sources of expertise (i.e. technical & commercial) to perform planning, scheduling and estimation activities.
- Produce reports to support the management of plans (planning aspects of delivery such as milestones and dependencies at risk).
- Facilitating the regular maintenance of planning related dependencies and assumptions, providing quality assurance on the effectiveness of actions and mitigation's, and spotting trends across different projects and work areas.
- Responsible for ensuring the dependency management process is effectively embed throughout the Programme, quality assuring the Programme Dependency Logs, identifying and assessing impact of programme / project dependencies and their relationships.
Due to the urgent start date for this vacancy candidates who hold current SC clearance or who have held it in the past will have a distinct advantage.
If you feel you have the right skill-set and experience and feel this could be your next career move, please feel free to apply with your most up to date CV to be considered
Please note - O applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.