Job: Operations Team Leader
We are currently looking for an Operations Team Leader to join a market leading financial organisation in South Birmingham. seeking to secure an experienced Operations Team Leader to work within their Data Centre. The organisation provides a supportive and collaborative working environment and experienced a rapid period of growth over the last 18 months and is now undergoing a major IT transformation programme.
You will be reporting into the Operations Manager and leading a team that currently consists of 3 System Operators and this team has a view to grow further to match the ambitions of the business. Acting as a focal point for escalations, product activity and the effective owner the hardware and software used to delivery success to the team
• You will be responsible to manage all key service issues
• Take a proactive role in service improvement and project work
• Manage the workloads for the team
• Responsible for people management and team leadership Responsibilities
• Provide input to strategic direction and discussion
• Understand the operational environment and external offerings
• Understand major technical development direction of suppliers
• Manage the mid-range environments (commonly known as AS/400s) to agreed availability and performance targets
• Actively drive security improvements
• Proactively drive activities to reduce service risk, increase resilience or improve performance working to reduce long term issues with problem management.
• Support projects as required
• Support remediation of faults and security vulnerabilities as required, including working with third parties if necessary
• Drive resolution of incidents and problems, especially those with a security implication, and take proactive action to avoid occurrence or repeats
• Ensure auditable adherence to DPA, ISO27001 and other applicable legislation and standards
• Follow core processes and procedures such as change control and incident logging • Keep appropriate records and update documentation or checklists as applicable
• Devise educational materials as required and encourage internal training
• Work with third party providers where applicable
• Act as subject matter expert for projects where needed
• Mentor / educate junior team members or trainees
• Support budgeting for license or equipment provision as required
Find Your Job
Permanentabout 4 hours ago
Desktop Support Team Leader We are currently recruiting for a strong Desktop Support Team Leader to join a market leading company based in Coventry. The Desktop Support Team Leader will have a strong focus on the basics of a service desk function,...
Permanentabout 5 hours ago
EMEA IT Infrastructure Operations Manager Plus car allowance, bonus, pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday! We are currently recruiting for a EMEA IT Infrastructure Operations Manager to join a market leading global company to be based at their ...
Permanentabout 6 hours ago
Infrastructure Technical Lead Excellent benefits available including up to 30 days holiday, pension, bonus, overtime/on call and share save scheme. We are currently recruiting for a Infrastructure Technical Lead to join well established organisati...
Permanentabout 6 hours ago
Infrastructure Engineer (Patching Technical Lead) We are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer (Patching Technical Lead) to join well established organisation in Birmingham. My client needs a capable Infrastructure Engineer. This est...