What the Network Support Engineer will work on
- Support infrastructure team to ensure that the portfolio of Community Of Interest Network (COIN) technical networking tasks/projects are carried out and delivered effectively
- Provide infrastructure support, particularly networking related elements, and provide support and maintenance to clinical, non-clinical and security systems across multiple organisations and sites supported by NEL CSU.
- Respond to service desk logs relating to network outages, performance issues and requests for either maintenance of upgrade of networking links etc. in a professional way and resolve logged calls to the customer’s and NEL CSU’s satisfaction.
- Ensure accurate and open communication and co-ordination with a range of organisations and individuals within the Infrastructure team, other teams within NEL CSU and its customers.
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in the specialist area of network support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience on supporting networking equipment to include routers, switches, leased lines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience in supporting networking technologies to include DNS, WINS, VLANS,
- Previous experience in similar role, ideally in the public sector.
- A good understanding of the health and social care environment and roles and responsibilities within it.
Network Support, Networks, NEL, CSU, NHS, HSCIC, Government, DNS, WINS, VLANS,