I am currently looking for a Network Operations Engineer to join a public sector client of ours on an initial 6-month contract, based in Newport, Wales.
Job Title: Operations Engineer
IR35 Scope: In Scope
Contract Length: Around 126 working days (6 months)
Security Clearance Level Required: SC Clearance – Please note the client will bring the candidate on site with a Disclosure Scotland and will apply for their Clearance whilst on site.
- Firewall experience
- Current and extensive experience with; Checkpoint and Cisco ASA. VPNs: Cisco AnyConnect is used for remote staff access; VPNs to Cloud services in Azure.
- Network technologies – switching, routing and IP protocols. within a Cisco environment Cisco ISE
- Wireless technologies Experience of providing secure network solutions (SDN) in a Cloud environment (currently Azure but may expand)
- To provide support for, and development of, IPO’s firewall estate (Checkpoint, Cisco ASA) alongside current team members
- Assist in the design and build of IPO’s secure network and remote access provision, using Cisco ASA (AnyConnect), Checkpoint, and Cisco ISE.
- Provide technical designs Advise, provide and support firewall solutions eg for application developments
- Troubleshoot firewall problems Mentor a member of staff new to firewalls
- Firewall documentation - verify and provide additional documentation
If you feel this is a position suited to yourself and your skill-set, please feel free to apply with your updated CV and we shall be in touch!