Technical Lead, Team Leader, Network Engineer, Juniper, Brocade, Cisco, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, QoS, Network monitoring, Firewalls, Linux, Scripting….
Fantastic opening for a highly enthusiastic and experienced Technical Lead to join a growing network connectivity company in the heart of London. This post has been created due to the launch of new global offices and the growth of the Technical Support and Engineering divisions in the business. You will be reporting into the Global Head of Technical Support and have 3-5 direct reports as well as still being hands on and technically involved within the team. This is very much a Technical Lead role, as opposed to a management role – we still need this new hire to very competent technically and able to ask as an escalation point for the team.
This person may already be a technical lead / team leader or may be seeking their first role – they are open to see engineers transition into a leadership role and help assist you in that process.
Experience with the following is required:
- IP / MPLS Networks – Juniper, Cisco or Brocade
- Strong understanding of BGP, OSPF and MPLS in a service provider environment
- QoS / traffic shaping implementations
- Ability to debug networking issues (Layer 2, Layer 3 and bandwith)
- Monitoring tools – Cacti, Solarwinds, Nagios
- Familiar with Linux Operations Systems (Redhat, Ubuntu, Debian
- Ability to write basic scripts (Bash, Shell, Python)