The Web Platform Engineering team is responsible for the automation, build and configuration of mission critical middleware infrastructure for all web based applications and services. Our team of Engineers are engaged early in the project lifecycle to ensure, along with other vital teams, that the technical design, the final build and configuration of the web infrastructure meets requirements for speed to market, security, sizing, performance, and resiliency.
- Do you enjoy building mission critical middleware infrastructure?
- Do you have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to drive results?
- Are you passionate about delivering quality?
- Build and implementation of new middleware components such as JBoss, WebSphere, Tomcat, F5 (BIG-IP), Webseal/ISAM, IIS, Apache, etc.
- Collaborate with Development teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve application and usability issues and suggest to engage the Technology Engineer for any new requirements which are not defined in standard architecture design document (TAD).
- Document installation and configuration procedures to allow maintenance and repetition as well as maintaining this documentation.
- Implement complex security integration utilizing MSSL, mutual authentication, hardware certificates, software certificates, dynamic endpoints, and other security models.
- Participate in the project's environment shakedown testing and troubleshooting efforts as required.
- Kick off meetings in the morning with design teams to create documents, to then go away and build them alongside members of the US and Indian team (10 people collectively)
- Responsible for project handover to the Web operations team with hand over documentation from a Web infrastructure perspective.
- Advanced knowledge of Internet architecture and project delivery
- Intermediate knowledge of JBoss, WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache, WebSeal
- Intermediate knowledge of load balancers and web application firewalls
- Intermediate knowledge of network and operating system principles
- Experience with automation – Chef or Jenkins – Desirable
- F5 Skills & SSL protocol – Desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Detailed oriented