Linux, UNIX, 24x7x365 technical lead, team lead, managed service provider…
One of the UK’s fastest growing MSP’s are now recruiting for a Linux / UNIX team leader – this successful candidate will be the figurehead of their technology stack across the business. This position will have 6-8 direct reports and this position will still have a technical element as well as leadership responsibilities.
The Linux / UNIX team leader will have ownership of the Linux / UNIX systems which includes both internal systems and clients, the role will have a security focus to ensure potential threats are spotted and ensure compliance to relevant standards and you will ensure the team manage their ITSM queues and resolve P1 and P2 incidents whilst adhering to ITIL best practices
- Have a proven track record in implementing and supporting large scale Linux / UNIX environment – ideally within a managed service provider or a large business
- Exceptional Linux / UNIX technical skills along with leadership and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of ITIL best practices
- Have an understanding of gathering business requirements and scoping solutions
- Strong consultancy skills whilst having the ability to be an excellent motivator to meet deadlines and handle change