This is an initial 3 months based in Nottingham.
They are open on the budget as they appreciate this skills are in demand.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly skilled Linux/Docker administrator to join a fantastic team in a well-known forward thinking company.
We are looking for a contractor to help stabilise the Docker environment, to support changes and network problems. The role will also help through the maturity programme, making the client self-sufficient and in a best practice position.
The successful person will need to go through the design and offer improvements and put these in place.
The successful person needs to be an expert in Docker/ Linux current and up to date especially with the constant new changes and updates and understand the impact of them.
We also need someone to mentor by example. My client have one member of staff currently and will be looking for another.
- Experience administering CENTOS EE, UBUNTU, RED HAT
- Focus on automation, strong bash Scripting skills (and other languages such as Powershell)
- Familiarity with source control tools such as Git.
- Experience using Docker or other lightweight virtualisation tools. LXC containers
- Must have Docker networking experience
- Be able to mentor the team in Docker
- Be able to review current Docker platform and make improvements/ suggestions
- Experience of supporting Enterprise servers in both Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of open source web application services (NGINX, Apache)
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals including TCP/IP, traffic analysis, common protocols and network diagnostics.
- Knowledge of firewall configuration and administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to work independently
- Confident experience in configuring disaster recovery and task scheduling.
- Eagerness to learn new skills and technologies.
- Certification authorities
- Proven experience in a similar role and with a real passion and drive for Linux administration
- MongoDB administration experience
- Experience of monitoring tools
If you feel you have the skill-set and experience for any of these positions, please send me your most up to date CV and I shall be in touch.