The developer will work on the enhancement of a small suite of web applications developed in Laravel. The developer will work closely with service users to understand top priority and ongoing needs. The developer will be responsible for the entire development lifecycle, i.e. development and testing through to deployment.
The specialist will work with the School's Head of Digital and with key stakeholders to understand and identify development priorities for the existing applications that have been developed in-house.
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years in a professional web development role
- Strong working knowledge of Laravel, including a solid understanding of MVC and TDD
- Strong experience of frontend UI development via frameworks like Bootstrap
- Strong experience of working in cloud-based infrastructure such as Azure and AWS
- Ability to take ownership of the entire development lifecycle, i.e. development and testing through to deployment
- Ability to present and communicate technical solutions to a technical and non-technical audience
- Experience of working closely with service users to fully understand their needs
- Core Azure experience (Web Apps, SQL Azure)