Contract Duration - 12 Mths+
As part of the DevOps automation efforts, the client has recently released a new version of the Linux configuration management solution. The migration is not finalized and there is high demand for more roles and functionality. Furthermore, it is also necessary to upgrade the software to a recent version, thus avoiding being more than one version behind the market generally available version (security and less error prone upgrades etc.)
The Puppet specialized consultancy services will allow us to support and enhance the existing Puppet based configuration management solution and the overall DevOps automation efforts. Moreover, it will allow keeping the technology updated and enable us to satisfy new demand.
The main purpose of the assignment is:
- Support the finalization of the ongoing migration;
- Develop new functionality to meet existing demand;
- Support and maintain the existing Linux/Puppet support infrastructure.
- Migrate remaining Linux/Puppet 3 based servers to the current Puppet infrastructure;
- Maintain the new Linux support infrastructure;
- Apply fixes, plan and execute the upgrade of the Puppet;
- Development of new modules and roles to meet requirements business demand;
- Document all activities, topology, configuration and procedures.
If this sounds of interest please reply with your most up to date CV and I'l be in touch right away.