Job: Java Tester
|Job Title:||Java Tester|
|REF:||Java Tester 26|
|Contact Name:||Kristen Furse|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Work Location: Dublin, Ireland
Length of Contract:6 Months
• Quality Engineering team is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
• Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Quality Engineering position requires firm knowledge and hands on software development and architecture skills to work closely with developers and leads to build test automation frameworks, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
• This position will be responsible for driving best practices around Quality and Performance Engineering, Functional and Performance Test Automation, In-the-wild and Exploratory testing, and adoption of Development services (Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration and Delivery, etc.) amongst various delivery teams.
• Interacts with technology staff including Developers, Devops Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of project/s and engage in design, development, and test engineering activities.
All About You
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with hand on technical and quality engineering skills.
• Sound knowledge of Java, MQ, Eclipse IDE, Spring, JUnit, SOAP UI Pro, Selenium, QTP, Appium, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP).
• Exposure to DevOps practices (Continuous Integration and Delivery, Tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo) desirable but not mandatory.
• Experience in testing Web services and Web projects across a variety of platforms (PC, mobile, Multiple OS/Browsers) – specific focus on cross browser and cross device test strategies.
• Experience in modern test techniques such as Test and Behavior Driven Development (TDD and BDD).
• Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn new software quickly. Solid leadership and mentoring skills with the ability to drive change.
• Expertise in agile and waterfall delivery, life-cycle management tools (JIRA/Rally/Rational Concert/Quality Center), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Experience with performance engineering and profiling, and tools such as Load Runner and JMeter. Exposure to Application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
• Exposure to software security and crypto testing practices preferable but not mandatory.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills - with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously and communicate results.
If you have the above skills and experience, please send an up to date CV.