ROLE HAS BEEN DEEMED OUTSIDE IR35 SO CAN OPERATE NORMALLY VIA LIMITED
Clearance: SC Clearance – can go on site whilst this goes through with DBS
SC clearance is essential for this opportunity. All applicants must either have current SC clearance or be able to obtain it.
Due to the urgent start date for this vacancy candidates who hold current SC clearance or who have held it in the past will have a distinct advantage.
This exciting government client have recently embarked on an IT transformation project and have a requirement for a Java Developer, this exciting project is about to kick start which will impact the customer services and application delivery, focusing on digital and web change.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- The Java Developer will be responsible for the development of the clients range of important public services and enforcement activities associated with and arising from personal and corporate insolvency and corporate misconduct.
- The Application Development Team which the Java Developer will be a part of will work part of a highly collaborative Agile team who develop and maintain applications with the aim of providing easy to use reliable services for external and internal users.
- Reporting to a lead developer, key responsibilities will include
- Working alongside other members of the Development team to develop Web Applications and backend services in a range of technologies
- Supporting and enhancing existing applications
- Working closely with colleagues to share knowledge
- Significant experience developing software in Java - Java 8 Development or above
- You will have experience working as a professional software developer.
- Will be required to develop Spring-Boot/Camel based Java micro services based on existing WebSphere modules
- Spring Web Framework exposure
- Exposure to one of the following: Hibernate ORM, GIT, SVN or other source control systems • Test Driven Development • Trunk Based Development • Querying and updating databases from code
- Experience or a good understanding of Agile software development principles
- Desired Skills/Experience: Apache Camel Integration Framework (not essential)
Java Developer, Java 8, Spring, Web, Apache,