IR35 Scope: Out of Scope
CV Submission Deadline: Tuesday 3rd April 2018 @ 16.30
Clearance Level Required: SC - Security Check - SC clearance is essential for this opportunity. All applicants must either have current SC clearance or be able to obtain it.
Due to the urgent start date for this vacancy, candidates who hold current SC clearance or who have held it in the past will have a distinct advantage.
Experience and Skills
You will have experience working as a professional software developer. You will be required to develop Spring-Boot/Camel based Java microservices based on existing IBM WebSphere modules to facilitate the re-architecting of our service platform and the removal of the WebSphere component.
- Significant experience developing software in Java - Java 8 Development
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Spring Web Framework
- Hibernate ORM
- GIT, SVN or other source control systems
- Test Driven Development
- Trunk Based Development
- Querying and updating databases from code
- Experience or a good understanding of Agile software development principles
- Apache Camel Integration Framework
- RabbitMQ Messaging Platform
- Spring Hibernate
- HTML, CSS
- Code based database migration
- Relational databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.)
The Insolvency Service is an Executive Agency of The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). The service provides a range of important public services and enforcement activities associated with and arising from personal and corporate insolvency and corporate misconduct. The Application Development Team is a diverse, highly collaborative Agile team who develop and maintain applications with the aim of providing easy to use reliable services for external and internal users.
Reporting to a lead developer, key responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside other members of the Development team to develop Web Applications and backend services in a range of technologies
- Supporting and enhancing existing applications
- Working closely with colleagues to share knowledge