- Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with Organisational standards, processes and best practices.
- Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
- Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
- Perform system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems and on-call pager support schedule. Select appropriate technical frameworks and solution delivery methodology. Adapt to the technical artifact templates per the needs of the project and technology. Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place. Maintain solution and technology road maps.
- Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
- Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks. •Collaborate with Vendor Resources for Support of Products.
- Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks. Ensure knowledge transfer of vendor technology to organisational staff. Provide technical training to the other team members.
- Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with organisation standards.
- Co-ordinate offshore development and manage day to day activities.
Knowledge / Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
- Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
- Demonstrate MC Core Competencies.
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
- Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project tea