We are currently recruiting for a 1st Line IT Support Helpdesk Engineer to join a market leading global Manufacturing company based in Birmingham.
The IT Support Helpdesk Engineer will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will work as part of the Technical Services Team – International, reporting to the Lead Technical Services Engineer. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related activities, providing support for all European facilities and leading towards project work.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware calls/tickets.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the help desk system maintaining a first class level of customer service ensuring that all colleagues are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- To install and configure new IT equipment.
- Execute software installation and deployment to computing systems.
- Assist with active directory management.
- Contribute updates to technical documentation, procedures and process definitions.
- Assist infrastructure team with network and infrastructure initiatives including both hardware and systems administration.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels.
- Working knowledge of technical support (break-fix) for Windows desktops/laptops.
- Working knowledge of Windows servers 2003 onwards.
- XP/Win7/W10 support knowledge.
- A general understanding of networks – an understanding of TCP/IP, switches, routers and VPN.
- Working knowledge of Windows domain environment.