Our client is currently looking for an experienced desktop IT support Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for managing and delivering all the 1st and 2nd line IT support to c. 120 users and setting up new PC hardware as and when required.
This role requires someone with excellent inter-personal communication skills, strong 1st line troubleshooting skills, and with a history of working in an IT support / helpdesk analyst or desktop support role. You must be able to convey solutions to problems, with ease and confidence.
You will have proven experience in a similar IT support function and be comfortable in providing general training to users across all levels of the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Building, patching and supporting Windows 7/8/10 desktop environment
- Dealing with MS Office 2013/2016 user queries
- Troubleshooting / maintaining PC hardware, software, printers, photocopiers and connectivity
- Day to day telephony admin / troubleshooting
- Basic Active Directory user administration skills
- Blackberry / iPhone / Android support
- Assisting with IT projects
- VMware ESX virtualisation & SANs
- Exchange 2016, including archiving
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Networking, switches, firewalls, WiFi and VLANS
- Citrix XenApp
- GDPR / encryption