Plus car allowance, bonus, pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday!
We are currently recruiting for a EMEA IT Infrastructure Operations Manager to join a market leading global company to be based at their Coventry site. This is an ideal time to join a forward thinking organisation who are embarking on a 2 year transformation across IT.
The EMEA IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible for the overall management of all site, datacentre and cloud IT infrastructures, including backend, network and front end technology across the EMEA estate.
The IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the EMEA IT Operations team (circa 8-10 direct reports), including the management of team workloads, service escalations and service monitoring. The EMEA operational team support Network, Server (Windows & VM), Storage, monitoring and backup technologies.
Due to the nature of this role it is important that you are willing to work outside of normal UK working hours on occasion and occasional travel to UK & overseas locations may be required as part of this role
- Management and Leadership of the EMEA IT Operations team
- Manage 3rd line resolver groups to manage and close ServiceDesk tickets to SLAs.
- Deliver a managed resource pool to support projects to agreed timescales and quality standards
- Manage the software and hardware assets and configuration across the estate
- Manage escalations and major incidents to resolution.
- Implement and manage the technical environment for systems to meet current and future requirements. This includes LAN/WAN/ WIFi, all computer hardware (WINTEL Server) operating system, Telecom and e-mail.
- Implement processes and procedure to ensure that systems are fully secured (Backup & contingency plan)
- Ensure that adequate training and documentation is provided to support and use the systems infrastructures
EXPERIENCE /COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Extensive and relevant experience in a similar role
- Significant people management experience
- A strong “Service is King” mentality.
- Strong technical background in system and network management (Windows AD, TCP/IP)
- Comfortable handling business complexity
- ITIL and other best practice knowledge
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment.